Monday, April 16, 2012

Are we going to be OK in MoP?

I've been itching for a long time to look at the changes to our class with the expansion. I've been a hunter since 2005, so I've seen my fair share of changes.

Anyhow, got a look today. The talent spec looks like it was designed to be used by a kindergartener. Three options for each tier. What happens to all of the other options that are currently in our talent specs? Do those become baseline with the selection of your primary spec?

The lvl 90 talents look rather lackluster as well. I don't have much time to play these days so I won't be griping too much about it. But I just feel like things could be better. All you ever see people talking about is how Blizzard is failing at everything and how many people are leaving. I enjoyed Cata; again, I don't play much. But everyone else I talk to says it's a huge failure. Shouldn't this next expansion be pulling out more stops?
They decided to reduce all the talents so they can be better monitored and because it's not like we had a choice anyway we had to use the cookie cutter spec to be viable they're hoping to change that.
The talent trees got a major overhaul, with the main idea being to make cookie-cutter specs obsolete. Basically, talents are becoming utility based, situational abilities that you will be able to change around like glyphs. The idea is to make them fun but not mandatory. (We'll see how well this works out, but I digress...)

As for what's happening to our current talents that aren't in the new trees:

Passive damage modifiers are either going away or getting rolled into the abilities they affect.
Mandatory ability talents are becoming baseline with the selection of your primary spec. Basically, if you had to take it before, you automatically get it.

The level 90 talents, they look fun, but not really spectacular. I could see Binding Shot being pretty fun in pvp, though, and they do give us new AOE options other than just multi-shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment