Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New 80 SoR hunter - help!

So, this is my new level 80 hunter, courtesy of Scroll of Ressurection. I've played a hunter before up to about ~50, but it's been multiple expansions worth of time since. I'm reading the stickies, but I'd love some advice/hints on the following:

- Best spec for PVE leveling and PVP? I know the build Blizzard gives you is supposed to be min/max, but is it?
- What pets to tame for each, and how to spec them? I'm totally down with going for the rare pet looks that are available to a level 80, that's part of why I picked a hunter.
- This toon is going to be a dedicated skinner, that's why I created it, since I already have a miner/herber. Assuming I don't just make her a leatherworker for the synergy, since I can easily level any profession since I'll have all three gatherers, what's the most useful to have as a hunter?
- Anything in general I should know?
- Any reccomendations for cool transmog?
Question 1: I'd say Marksmanship is my favorite specialization for leveling. If you get a point in Rapid Killing (T1 Marksmanship) and two points in Rapid Recuperation (T5 Marksmanship) you can swap kill target to kill target regenerating focus (should keep you nearly focus capped for faster kills).

I don't get into PvP so I'm not sure what's the best route there. I'd guess Marksmanship because Chimera Shot and Aimed Shot! can provide high burst.

Question 2: Assuming you're looking for a pet for leveling, I'd grab a Cat and a Turtle if you plan on doing the majority of it solo while questing. Cat provides our best self buff and Turtle for when you want to aggro many mobs and AoE down (I suggest you glyph for Misdirection and Mend Pet).

Again, I'm not into PvP but I'd assume most hunters grab Spiders for their net.

Question 3: Leatherworking and Skinning would be fine for a hunter. Our "best" profession at this point is Blacksmithing because of the addition of epic gems but I have doubts you'll be looking to place epic gems in your gear anytime soon. I'm personally Blacksmithing/Jewelcrafting as both are great but Leatherworking, Engineering, Enchanting and I'm sure others as well provide essentially equivalent bonuses (averaged +80 agility).

Question 3: You can find the majority of the information you need in stickies here or on elitistjerks.com. The current best PvE specialization for raiding is Survival. Leveling specialization is really up to personal preference.

Question 4: There are some really nice mail armor for transmogrification. Here's a link to WoWhead's transmogrification guide:

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets?filter=type=3;maxrl=80;cl=3

(Note: filtered to include items usable by hunters up to level 80).

No comments:

Post a Comment