Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Confused about World of Logs

Recently my raiding team uploaded a World of Logs report that included a 10 man normal Shannox fight, the details of which can be found here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/io10sjg7u9aqbft9/sum/damageDone/?s=10375&e=10720#Arazon

The fight was said to have lasted 5:45, or 345 seconds. However, when looking at my Chimera Shots, it said that I had fired 39 total (15 hits, 24 crits). When calculated, it says that my average cooldown between Chimera Shots was approximately 8.8 seconds. I am glyphed for Chimera Shot, but that should only bring me down to 9 seconds, and my WoL should account for latency, bringing me up to 9.2-9.3 seconds average, shouldn't it?

I'm a pretty mediocre hunter as it were, so I was really confused when I saw this. If anyone could shed some light on the topic that would be great.

-Arazon


You Readiness -> Chimera Twice did you not? That is 2 extra shots fired that may have reduced that below 8.8.
You shoot a Chimera right off the bat (maybe you pull MD with Chimera)

therefore you shoot at the

Secs: 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
Chim: X----------------------X----


So on, you will always have 1 extra Chimera from the start of the encounter to factor into the math.

So suppose you fought a 10 second fight, you could say your cast time was 5 seconds if you shot 2 chimera shots
Ah yeah now I see it. Thanks guys, was looking at the math wrong o.O
Ah, to be a hunter that's NOT on face rage duty :(
I am on face rage duty. We were just trying the Heroic strategy, where I put Rageface on focus and have caps bound to a macro that targets the focus and fires a Chimera Shot or Aimed Shot (if its instant). Not to mention everyone else was burning him down, so I didn't have to worry about him too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment