Monday, April 16, 2012

What made you choose Hunter?

topic
Eh. I started with a Druid. I was told it would be fun once we got bear form. Got bear form, hated it. Was told Hunters were easier so I tried Hunter... Loved it and have been playing a Hunter main since.
The whole concept is cool in a game like WOW.
...especially having Pets and Traps.

Then I started to qq when I realized our Class is really just a Trapper with a Pet.

We need to have CAMO available around the same time as a Rogue gets Stealth. NOT 84 lvls later at our lvl cap.

We also need to have Rogue STEALTH at some point, even a lesser form of Rogue VANISH.
(Rogues can stay out of sight until making the kill, why can't we...they can VANISH into the shadows, even if none are there...why can't a Hunter VANISH into the woods, even if none are there...the concept is the same for both)?

Until we have these things, I just feel too much like a Trapper with a Pet.
i wanted a pet!
the idea of being able to attack from a distance

also hunters are made to sound like lone wolfs, im the only person i ever truly count on....
A guildmate of mine was having problems as a hunter and she knew me and trusted me so she would ask me for advice, well I didn't have a hunter so I didn't want to tell her the wrong stuff so I started my own. (this was all back in TBC) couple moths go by I catch up to her level 50 hunter and we started running stuff together so I could watch her and give her tips on what to do to improve.
I was a night elf rogue as my first character and I had no clue what I was doing and this nice level 13 hunter with an owl helped me get things and I'm like 'holy !@#$ an owl how do I get one?' so when I reached level 4 on the rogue I rerolled.
I was picking a random class I hadn't played to level up on my friends server, they said they could use a hunter so I rolled hunter and found out not only is it one of the most fun classes to play but also it's pretty damn good at what it does.

Also I like having pets....

And I like the idea of "Ranger" characters.

did I mention pets?

cause yeah...pets :D
i was young. was a beast master in EQ. a beast master in D2. always loved the class that used beasts to extend their powers.
Deleted by Jostin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPCylH-usZg

Solo'ing on other classes isn't nearly as enjoyable.
First character was a warlock. While leveling, I paired up with this hunter in my guild to run a dungeon. I loved what he could do as a hunter with traps, his pet, and zomg he could run faster with aspect of the cheetah! (this was back when you got your mount at lvl 40). After that dungeon, I rolled a hunter and have been playing the class ever since.
I made a hunter because my main in FFXI was a ranger. I also made a warlock when I started WoW but since my friends were all night elves I spent more time on my hunter.
My main was originally a paladin. Tried hunter, loved it.
Started out as a warrior, but back then it was so hard to solo things.

Was just walking along and all of a sudden some murlocs who were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood.

So I was like forget this, I'm rolling a hunter.

Damn I wish I never deleted my ghost snow leapord. If only I had known we were getting more slots.
Started with a Forsaken Lock - Son of Arugal squashed that hard (the guy kept finding me...)
Next tried a troll hunter. Played with alts, but get bored with them fairly quickly.
Used to hear co-workers talk about WoW. Got interested a bit and joined the game. Didn't know what class to play. As I always prefer to shoot from distance (sniper class kinda), they suggested to roll a hunter. So since then I'm playing this toon.
Well - I'm old school. I played EQ/DAOC healers/tanks/casters/etc... anyways I decided I really wanted to play an archer class this time around. Really the pet was just a side bonus at the time, but I didn't really care about even having one, once I learned to use it though I still continued to like the pet aspect, really removed the need to kite while leveling ... back in ... 2004 :P
i was a 27 pally and a 24 hunter killed me. was so upset i basically thought " if you cant beat them..."
Just waiting for someone to mention Call of Duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment