Saturday, April 14, 2012

Please help me.

[:1]Hi,

My guild is starting to really get into heroic modes, and I feel that I'm not pulling as much dps as I could be. I have read all the stickies, and I'm under the impression that I should reforge to 1350 haste with the 4pc T12 and the 10% physical haste buff from a frost dk. On normal Ragnaros without using agility pots I top out at 37k dps with double rapid fire and aimed shot spam but then I eventually drift back down to 20k. I realize this isn't bad at all, however...

The only reason I'm worried is that a friend of mine who also plays a hunter is in worse gear (though it's not bad gear, 370 ilevel) and he has also reforged to 1350 haste. I know that target dummies are bad for hunter dps because of careful aim, but when we go at it together on the dummies (using double rapid fire aimed shot at first and then switching to arcane shot) we are both pulling about 22k. It seems as though I should be doing more.

I have my rotation down perfectly, I keep 100% uptime on improved steady shot, and I chimera shot (unglyphed) every time the cooldown pops as well as keeping serpent sting up. So basically, if I reforged some of my crit/mastery back into haste (over the 1350 "plateau" i'm hearing about) will my dps go up? Please help me. Thanks,

Radianova

EDIT: I also want to add that he has the lavabolt crossbow and I do not. Could this be affecting it?
1235 haste is the magic number.

Lava Bolt Crossgun will make a considerable difference. Chimera, aimed, arcane and steady shot are all calculated using weapon damage.
1235! Great. Thanks a lot I appreciate it.
1235 haste is for 0 latency :x so unless you play in a 0 latency environment 1235 isnt the minimum haste you should be at.
keep in mind thats 1235 haste with 0 latency and 3/3 pathing. I would recommend getting more haste, 2/3 pathing and 3/3 frenzy personally.

(I just wish i knew how much haste you need for 2/3 pathing)

Also if anyone knows how much haste rating I should have with 2/3 pathing and no 10% raid haste buff, lemme know :D
keep in mind thats 1235 haste with 0 latency and 3/3 pathing. I would recommend getting more haste, 2/3 pathing and 3/3 frenzy personally.

(I just wish i knew how much haste you need for 2/3 pathing)

Also if anyone knows how much haste rating I should have with 2/3 pathing and no 10% raid haste buff, lemme know :D


2/3 with wind fury is 1372, without wind fury you need to misdirect trash to your shaman until they put it down. I think 2790, you can fiddle with http://femaledwarf.com/haste/ get it down to 1.4s

Because of how ability queuing works I was under the impression that latency really doesn't matter unless its several hundred, but some extra won't ruin your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment