Saturday, April 21, 2012

Question about spirit pets

I know there are a lot of pet collectors out there. As a hunter myself and as a tank on this toon, I want confirmation of a simple fact.

All pets have a growl, yes?

Hunters keep telling me that their spirit pets do not growl, or that this rare pet they tamed does not have a growl. My hunter has three spirit pets, and every single one of them has a growl, even if it isn't on their default pet control bar I can find it in their spell book. I alter the pet bar to my needs.

Today someone told me that Loque'nahak doesn't have a growl. Even if a thousand people tell me their Loque growls, it's possible this person will tell me that hers does not, but at least I will know. Is Loque some freak of nature that doesn't have a growl?

Edit: Not having too much trouble with threat, but an occasional trash mob will end up on the pet. On my hunter, turning growl off is a small courtesy, and makes sure my pet doesn't end up dead if the tank doesn't feel like dealing with it. When I'm tanking, I usually ask only once if growl is on, and let it go; I have more serious things to worry about. This is more of an skill gauge, if the hunter doesn't even know whether his pet is growling...
All pets have Growl. Only Tenacity pets can talent Taunt. If you are losing threat, it is most likely to a Tenacity pet with Taunt on auto-cast (or a mischievous Hunter). But, all pets have Growl.
Loque most definitely has a growl, they all do, as the poster above stated. :)

This is more of an skill gauge, if the hunter doesn't even know whether his pet is growling...
Then you let it die. If the pet dies, that's on the hunter. If the pet dies and the mob then decides to attack the hunter, that is on the hunter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment